For from days of old no one has heard, nor has ear perceived, Nor has the eye seen a God besides You, Who works and acts in behalf of the one who [gladly] waits for Him.Isaiah 64:4 (AMP)
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”Isaiah 64:4 (ESV)
The last few days have been quite overwhelming. Sickness (5 trips to the doctor), disrupted nights, going back to school after a 15 year break, being 2 weeks behind on studies and having to juggle everything else. I’ve felt frustrated, tired, confused and drained.
But God is good. And He is faithful. And He is true.
- He is working as I wait for Him. Earnestly. On my behalf. (Isaiah 64:4)
- I can be still for He is God. He is exalted in the nations and He is exalted on the earth. (Psalm 46:10)
- Goodness and mercy are following me all the days of my life. (Psalm 23 :6)
- How will I see that God is working earnestly on my behalf when I am fretting and complaining and being dramatic?
- How will I be still and know that He is God when I am frantic, anxious and not giving myself a chance, in stillness and quiet confidence, to indeed see that He is God?
- How will I see the goodness of God when all I’m focusing on is the stuff that isn’t working?
Can I just say that indeed God is faithful? Each day I’ve experienced His peace in one way or another. I’ve had numerous Scriptures come my way that have reminded me to be strong and to take heart. I’ve had authentic conversations with family and friends that have been edifying. I’ve somehow had the strength to manage the home which would have otherwise looked like a disaster area. And I am grateful.
I don’t know what you’re going through currently. What do you need? Help? Peace? A break? A breakthrough? Fill in the blank. There is help. There is peace. You can have a break. And for sure there is breakthrough. It all begins with going back to God who deeply cares for you. Why would He know the number of hairs on your head and not care for you? Why would He think of you before He laid the foundations of the earth and not care about you? There is an assurance in Him. He loves you and cares deeply about the stuff you’re going through. Will you trust in this God, who is exalted in the nations and on the earth?
Will you be still and know that He is God?