I wish I could reach out and hug anyone going through a difficult season right now and to anyone facing mountains in their way. My heart goes out to you, beloved friend. This is a treacherous time indeed! Many can attest to that. Everyone is affected in one way or another. Sickness, death, loss of a loved one, job loss, relational issues, marital problems, deep rooted family struggles, paycuts, hunger, separation from loved ones, loneliness, uncertainty, anxiety, depression, helplessness, despair, confusion. How do you face such challenges that threaten to break your very will to live? How will we emerge from these circumstances victorious and joyfully and in a way that we can encourage others going through similar troubles? How will we find meaning and purpose despite the darkness?
Well there’s only one way.
Let me introduce you to Someone who:
1. Created the entire universe and all that we have come to know as the wonders of creation. (For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:16 NKJV)
2. Reigns supreme. (Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations. Psalms 145:13 NKJV)
3. Is the Alpha and Omega and has no beginning and end. (I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:13 NKJV)
4. Is not subject to time and space. (Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. Psalms 90:2 NKJV)
5. Is all-knowing, all-seeing, all-present and all-powerful. (Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’ Isaiah 46:9-10 NKJV)
6. Is pure love, pure holiness and perfection like we can not fathom. (“No one is holy like the Lord , For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God. I Samuel 2:2 NKJV)
7. Knows you and saw you before you came to be. (Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. Psalms 139:16 NKJV)
8. Saves us wretched sinful humans from the snares of eternal separation. (“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. John 5:24 NKJV)
9. Looks on you with love and has your name written on the palm of His hands. (See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me. Isaiah 49:16 NKJV)
10. Catches every tear you cry and puts it in a bottle. (You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book? Psalms 56:8 NKJV)
His name is Jesus.
He is the way, the truth and the life.
Taste and see that He is good. Whatever your predicament is. He is knocking at your door. What’s your greatest need right now? Reach out to Him; only He understands what you’re going through right now. Only He can encourage you by His Spirit. Turn not to any man, or any ‘device’. No need to numb your pain. He can bear it all. He cares. He loves you deeply, recklessly. All you need to do is confess your sin and believe in Him. Take that step and find your strength in the Rock of ages. Unshakeable, sure foundation of love and holiness.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
Matthew 24:35 NKJV.
Whatever we are going through and whatever will come; will pass away but His word remains true. When all is said and done, He will remain.
Anchor yourself in Him.
Finally, would you like to share your struggle that I may pray with you?