For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.
Have you ever looked at your life’s motions and wondered exactly where your purpose lies? Under the ‘rumble’ of your day to day existence, the waking up, driving through traffic and back to your house, the perceived monotony of your life…. Where do you find your purpose? Do you feel like your life’s purpose gets lost somewhere in the jungle of your daily grind?
Ecclesiastical Solomon was at the same point. He watched and wondered, questioned and pondered on riches, wisdom and vanity. He had it all. He looked at man’s labour, man’s quest for riches, man’s desire for wisdom and came to one conclusion: Life is empty without God.
This is an excellent starting point and a great encouragement for anyone feeling like their current story is far removed from their God-ordained purpose.
Are you walking with God? When you meet God, you meet purpose. The idea that your life’s rigors are parallel to God’s purpose is absolutely wrong. The idea that God can not use your job/daily life to reveal his purpose for you is also far from the truth.
Rather than entertain ideas that may produce more worries and stress onto what we already have to deal with, why not embrace these truths:
- God cares about the nitty gritties and the grand details of your life. (1 Pet 5:7)
- He will perfect everything that concerns you. (Psalms 138:8)
- He is the author and finisher of your faith. (Hebrews 12:2)
- Your life can glorify God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Delighting in the Lord results in fulfilment of your heart’s desires. (Psalms 37:4)
- The Lord will straighten your paths if you submit to Him. (Proverbs 3:6)
- His word will guide you and light your path. (Psalms 119:105)
- Everything works together for the good of those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)
Dear Lord, thank you for creating us in your image. We are designed in accordance with your plan and purpose. Thank you for our day to day activities. Teach us, walk with us, empower us as we do life. Remind us that we were in your mind before you laid the foundations of the earth. Just knowing that your presence is with us is reason enough to wake up expectant, joyful and exuberant. Teach us to trust you through the highlights,challenges and the mundane. In all things,be glorified. In Jesus’ name, amen.